Question:
new orleans Mardi Gras should it go on?
Pavay
2006-02-02 08:34:47 UTC
new orleans Mardi Gras should it go on?
Thirteen answers:
Roma
2006-02-05 05:47:39 UTC
YES!
jgardn2002
2006-02-07 15:24:46 UTC
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is mardi gras an important part of the New Orleans culture, it is also vital to the economy. In 2000, mardi gras generated 1.056 billion dollars to the local economy. Mardi gras is a great way to restart the tourist industry in new orleans.

Still the largest free party on earth.
2X97cobra
2006-02-02 08:40:55 UTC
Mardi Gras is a celabration of life. I think if you asked most of the people there, they would tell you that they will not let the past get them down. They are a hearty bunch and have banded together in order to survive and rebuild. I would think that it would be the biggest party yet. Not to mention that the money that Mardi Gras brings to the area (they could use that too).
trancedancenae
2006-02-02 18:52:18 UTC
Absolutely! It would be very sad if it didnt. what would New Orleans be without it? It will boost the moral of the state if they have it and moral is at a low still. cancel mardi gras and the city will grieve. I really hope they dont cancel mardi Gras
Serving Jesus
2006-02-02 08:37:59 UTC
No. Mardi Gras should have never gone on in the first place. People are stupid enough without encouraging it.
tommywebb22
2006-02-02 08:37:18 UTC
ASOLUTELY. Mardi Gras IS New Orleans.
Cosmic I
2006-02-03 10:26:32 UTC
On February 28, 2006 the French Quarter will be filled with maskers and costumers and partiers. Nothing will stop us.
funbylisa
2006-02-02 08:42:11 UTC
Yes! It will be good for the people to feel like things are starting to get back to normal.
ttoommaa
2006-02-02 08:37:43 UTC
Sure, why not? Aside it being fun it's a great way to attract tourists, which is good for the city.
tamyoes
2006-02-02 08:39:47 UTC
this is almost considered a national holiday besides with the money in would bring back into that area maybe they would get repairs done that are so desparetly needed.
norbie
2006-02-02 08:38:04 UTC
It will always go on they will have margaritas instead of hurricanes.
2006-02-02 08:35:44 UTC
Of course, all three people should enjoy it.
sonflower
2006-02-02 08:40:11 UTC
NO!!!!