Question:
Is New Orleans good for visiting again yet?
Marion
2005-12-19 15:19:48 UTC
I heard there weren't many restaurants open yet, for example.
Five answers:
2005-12-19 15:23:55 UTC
Yes, there was a big interview on the Delilah Show on the radio the other night with Harry Connick Jr. who helps with Habitat for Humanity. He said restaurants are open, the French Quarter is operational with is venues, the Trolleys are running again, and the people of New Orleans really need the income from tourism to begin thriving again.
Jimmy
2005-12-21 04:39:03 UTC
Most people think of the Quarter when it comes to New Orleans and its open for business. I cant wait to return and spend a few dollars ;The Big Easy deserve our attention as a nation.
micah_stewart
2005-12-22 19:58:22 UTC
Now that there is no longer a curfew, it is a great place to visit. As the New Orleans economy is heavily geared to tourism, we would love to see here and often.
Radical One
2005-12-20 01:05:06 UTC
I would probably say, no. Even by now, I doubt people will have finished clearing away the rubble and debris and have already made the city look as it used to be.
texas star
2005-12-24 01:28:17 UTC
if u wanna walk through human crap and feel like waiding through water every where u go than yeah have a great time